Sunday, July 29, 2007

Wrapping up and taking off

Hitting the road tomorrow. Bit of a chaotic mess getting everything squared away with cancellation of service contracts, the move, inspection, and -- for me -- marking school papers even after my last day was done. I was prepared for it to be bittersweet, but honestly, the past month has seen so much trouble, and so much of it unnecessary, that it can't be. Leaving is simply sweet.

So tomorrow we fly out of Centrair to Bangkok and spend at least four days there. We've been planning on heading to Laos at that point, after we find ourselves some Typhoid vaccine (none here in Japan) but have been playing with the idea of taking a sharp turn and heading for Malaysia instead. Funny, that would mirror my trip years ago, when I found myself studying Laotian, with a slowly expiring visa in my passport, looking north but heading south...

Time for a bit of sleep, then a trip to the post office, and off we go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home