Saturday, May 24, 2008

Elliot-toe and the Plot

So my parents are in this weekend. Or rather, a four-day extended weekend. Julie and I are taking Monday and Tuesday off, as it's a long drive from Winnipeg and we don't get to see them very often.

In our wanderings today, having taken a quick tour of the National Art Gallery, we found ourselves in the Byward Market and decided to stay for dinner. We settled at the Keg, and before long, we noted our longtime traveling nemesis, Elliot-toe, arriving with an unknown older gentleman. We waved somewhat frantically and he eventually acknowledged us, and came over to meet my parents. He identified his companion as blood relation and we insisted on meeting the Elliott broodle-kin.

Well, says the father of Elliot-toe, I don't know you, but I know Julie from Elliott's blog.

...

Perhaps this is a good time to note that as long as I've known Elliott, Julie and I have been together. And while we're not exactly inseparable, the only times we have visited with Elliott, sometimes from afar, sometimes not, we have both been present. Yet somehow photos of Julie have made their way into Elliott's blog with relative frequency while photos of yours truly have not.

Naturally, I take it upon myself to correct the situation.

IMGP8538

Here I am inserting myself into Elliott's life. Notice the lack of photoshop. And awareness of those involved. I'd like to think that future such stalkings photo ops will eventually create a fulsome web record of goings on in our inextricably intertwined lives. I have already employed Simon as spy and possible assassin (as required). Yes, the future is bright, indeed.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home